Friday, May 30, 2008

86,400 seconds

I used to be satisfied with just getting by. Until I nearly failed my first year in uni and was given the option to buck up or get out. Fortunately for me I decided to work harder! Now as a teacher I wouldn't settle for this second-best attitude from my students. I'd say to them, "If you don't do it right the first time, you will pay the price for it later." And so they learn they have to redo it again... and waste more time... but eventually get it right, and in most cases, they perform pretty well!

To do a good job in studies, you must work smart. A few clever students realised they needed help and asked for me to coach them. They realised that time is really precious everyday for these next 4 months. I'm glad they know their priorities and put their studies first. Since they were persistent, I've made some provisions to help see some of them right through to the O Levels.

This blog post is dedicated to my committed heros who will be reaping their just rewards. I'll be with you until you cross the finish line. But the road to success is never smooth. There's going to be some tough times ahead. Stay focused, stay the course, and remember each day brings you 86, 400 seconds to get closer to your goals. You either use it or lose it!

And after the exams, we are going to celebrate your achievements.

Big time!!!

"Time lost is time lost. It's gone forever."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

elloo purple giant!
yea i'm a great person! cos i'm mad!
thanks for dedicating this post to us :)
your posts are great!
GREAT! GONNA SEE YOU AGAIN! whooooop.

Anonymous said...

yes, you are great, and mad....
pinto