Monday, June 16, 2008

Someone feels like a somebody today...


Today, one of my colleagues was having a tough morning. I could see something was bothering her and it was affecting her work. So I listened to her during lunch as she shared her problems. After that, I told her that she's really doing an incredible job and that I support her 100% when it comes to her doing her work. I meant it. I saw her whole face lit up. "So you ok?" I asked. "I feel like an important person," she replied.

I think the recognition and my belief in her ability helped her feel "like a somebody."And by the looks of things, she performed her office duties a lot better in the afternoon!

When you believe in people, every day is a terrific day. Why? Because every morning brings a day in which someone's life can change.

Everyday is an opportunity for us to make a difference in someone else's life.

I hope my colleague continued to have a great day, and hopefully, she'll have a great week. I hope you do too. : )

BTW, If you're planning to be in orchard and would like to meet up for lunch... send me an sms to let me know!

No comments: