Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When I got home from work, I was informed that my son did his poo poo inside his pants. This son of mine likes to bluff especially when he does this. So I was very careful how I approached him. Here's how our conversation went:

Dad: Rafa , if you tell me the truth, I will understand. Daddy doesn't like lies. And if you lie to me, and I find out, I will spank you. Do you understand?

Rafa: (Nods his head in understanding).

Dad: Good. Did you uh-uh-uh in your pants today?

Rafa: Noooo...

Dad: Rafa, don't lie...

Rafa: Noooo.... Daddy I did not uh-uh-uh in my pants...

Dad: Rafa, I'm warning you...

Rafa: ...I uh-uh-uh in my UNDERWEAR!

Dad: ... (looking at Rafa, speechless)...

Rafa: ... (looking at Dad then points his finger at me)... HA HA HA.....

I kept my poker face even though it was really quite funny. My wife who was watching was trying not to laugh at me. Good one!!! My kid has a great sense of humour!

So does humour overcome disappointment? And is all forgiven? ABSOLUTELY!

So there was no spanking. : )

No comments: